Peer Review

 Film Opening Peer Review Form


 The thing I like most about my peer's video was the transitions specifically when one of them kicked it to the camera to the point we only see that shadow then with the shadow they used it to transition right back to the player's face. And the dialogue they had when Joseph (Defender) was trash-talking the main protagonist when he blocked his shot. I thought this film was damn near perfect it was a lot like The Rise project the kids from Cambridge made from their opening scene so I didn't dislike anything. Well personally it was a nice 2-minute clip of friends going toe to toe against one another if they left it off as maybe the striker about to make the goal then cut it off before he kicked the ball into the net that may make me want to know what happens next but it felt like they put a whole plot of a movie into those mere minutes so it didn't feel like a movie opener but a short film. I feel like everything from this presentation was pretty clear a striker trying to make a goal against his opponent pretty simple plot executed almost perfectly. The only suggestion I'd have is for these actors to maybe carry a mike that can clip onto their shirts so we can hear them a little more clearer and louder because at some point in the video, the audio gets really low and I can't hear their dialogue. 



One thing I loved about this project was its lighting (low key lighting) to show this opening scene and possibly the rest of the story was going to possibly be mysterious and gritty. One thing to nit pick though was when the guy in the mask was giving his dialogue it was kinda hard to tell what he was saying so maybe next time they should use a mic. Thought a nice video this didn't really feel like a movie opener due to the antagonist shooting our main character so it really felt like a short film than an opener. I wasn't confused with anything here but I would like to know where they got their mask from it was pretty cool not going to lie. Only suggestion I'd give is to not kill your main character early already ending the story 
and use a mic so the audio can be heard clearly. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Main Protagonist