What Inspired You?

To start off, my group members and I chose the genres Documentary, Drama, and Satire. And with Drama being one of the most popular genres, with one of the most popular ones consisting of this certain genre is Tyler Perry's Madea widely known in black communities as Tyler Perry is getting dressed as an old, crazy, and psychotic black women going on a frenzy of troubling events such as a police car chase, cutting a couch in half with a chainsaw, or even suggesting her family member in need to throw a hot pot of grits and smack them with a pot if this one person gives them any further trouble. But getting back on track this movie specifically Madeas Homecoming (2020) opening scene is something I kinda want if not take a little bit from and apply it to our own.
Automatically from the start I liked the establishing shot mixed with Ariel/high angel shot due to it showing the area which was being taken place in was pretty smooth and kinda unique in showing the surroundings compared to just a basic static shot of establishing where the story will start taking place in. With that I was wondering for our establishing shot in the opening scene of our little movie 'Sugar Rush,' we could do the same with the store when my classmate and I decided to go meet up and start filming around I don't know yet maybe a Publix due to him working at Publix and having the store to ourselves could be pretty convenient. Continuing since it will primarily be me and my classmate doing the acting in this scene I also see a dramatic 2 shot and now with this one with the 2 older men arguing it made me laugh so something like that I can see us implementing maybe not as comedic but hopefully somewhat dramatic as we can't replicate that type of dramatic comedy scene due to us not being professionals at all. So towards the middle of our opening scene we could have me (sugar rush robber addicted to smarties) and as my classmate (the clerk) we could have a 2 shot of me robbing him and the store for all their smarties and me try to look crazy just like Madea. Now some other things I've noticed about the movie that I wouldn't try to replicate or t take from in our film is the mise en scene as we see the lighting I see used is high key while I do like it our drama is a little more darker so night time instead of day and using low key lighting would be better suited as well as the costumes and colors that gives me the feeling of more positive and happy feelings with the bright blue I see from Joe and the old mumu I see Madea wearing gives typical old person where but how our characters are more younger and glitter wearing something like a mask and wearing jackets with the color black representing death and unfortunate events would be a more suited color choice as well as a costume for our scene. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Main Protagonist